Monday, July 14, 2014

Kelleys Island

We took a family vacation to Kelleys Island in June. We were visiting family in Ohio as well and thought going up to explore this island on Lake Erie would be a lot of fun. It was beautiful. Takes 20 minutes by ferry to get out there. 
We had our car loaded down with camping gear and bikes- harder to fit everything now as the kids are getting bigger!



Kate reading to us all at bedtime and Paco all ready for sleep. (I think that was Paco's last camping trip ever because last week Jackson declared he was getting too old to sleep with him! So sad.)
 Hammock fun!

 Burying Jackson in the sand.

We took a ride around an old quarry, which was beautiful. It was pretty challenging but the kids managed to push through the long ride; I was impressed. It is so great to see what they can do now as they get older.


I always love exploring with early morning runs. I followed a trail through the woods and popped out at a beautiful rocky coast on the north end of the island.
 Exploring.
 Back on the ferry headed to the mainland.

 One last stop at Marblehead Lighthouse. 

1 comment:

Joni said...

Great photos!