On Saturday the family returned to Chickamauga Battlefield, where I ran my first half-marathon last
year, so I could take on my next challege: the full marathon! I was excited and felt ready, and it was a great day! They have Civil War reenactors fire off a cannon to start the race, which the kids think is really cool.

Kate is the Star Student for her kindergarten class this week, which means the class mascot Scooter got to spend the weekend with her. I'm sure he was excited to be a part of this great event; I'm just glad we didn't lose him out there somewhere! (and yes, that is a UT collar he is wearing...)

Here are a few of my fans waiting to catch a glimpse of me as I flew by...

Wow, can't you just see the speed at which I am soaring by! (I'm actually unzipping my vest to give to them. After three hours of running, you can get a little warmed up...)

The finish! 3:47. Pretty respectable. All the results are
here.

I was given a framed copy of my race number to commemorate my first marathon. Here I am posing with the family while my calf muscles are beginning their rebellion against me for putting them through such agony. For the next two days I would be forced to hobble around like an old lady.


When we left the race, we went to this monument in the park that the kids saw while they were waiting for me. Who wouldn't want to climb a princess tower just to make sure Repunzel wasn't waiting up at the top? Just 136 steps. I volunteered to bring up the rear.

Shot of the steps.
2 comments:
You are a ROCK STAR!! You inspire me to think about a full after this baby comes. Congrats.
Wow Karen!!! Amazing!!! So awesome to get to see you cross the finish line!!!
BTW, I love the picture at the top of your blog!
Post a Comment