Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chickamauga Half-Marathon

This weekend the family headed down to the Chickamauga Battlefield, just south of Chattanooga, so I could run in the half-marathon there. What a great day! The weather was beautiful. Some of my most dear friends were there running and cheering as well. I had a wonderful run. It was my first half-marathon and I felt great the whole run. I even placed 2nd in my age group! I managed to run so fast that my family didn't even get to see me after the race started. They missed me at the 8 mile point and then got back to the finish line a couple of minutes after I finished. Here are all the two pictures from our camera from that day-- Luckily, my friend Joni got this shot of me at the beginning, waving to the fam.
And these two-- Jamie and the kids at the start,
and me with Kate after I was done.And here are a few pictures that Naomi took of our kids playing together. My kids were so excited that they would be seeing Emma and Clare at the race. I love that they have developed this special friendship.Climbing up the ladder of the inflatable slide.
So now I'm looking forward to my next half-- perhaps in April here in downtown Knoxville. Perhaps there could even be a marathon in my future.

2 comments:

Joni said...

I'm eyeing that Apr 3 Knoxville race...maybe 5K for me though :)

Kim Lockhart said...

Awesome job on your first half! They are addicting, huh. Come down to Atlanta in March and run the Publix Georgia Half with me (Jamie would be excited because we run right through Tech's campus).