Monday, February 04, 2013

Snow and Stitches

Finally a smattering of snow for the kids to play in!  It's been all around us-- literally, 10 miles away has had snow on the ground to play in.  Inches downtown the other week and we just had flurries. It barely covered the ground yesterday but it was enough for the kids to enjoy. And here they are posing in front of the new furnace we just got on Friday, after the old one finally went kaput on us. I'm so thankful we were able to get a new one in before all this cold hit.
And the snowmen we created with just about all the snow in the yard. It all was melting as we were out playing and then the boys just happily continued to play in the water and mud that remained.
Then an afternoon trip to the ER to stitch up a gash in Jackson's ear.  Just after Jamie got home from his camping trip (Did I mention that he was camping this weekend? His annual winter trip with old friends; it always seems to be extremely cold when go!) Jackson was skipping through the kitchen with Kate and Benjamin and as he passed by the counter, his ear banged against the corner. It was in an awkward place and just deep enough that we felt he might need stitches to make sure it healed properly. He was not happy when we said we needed to have a doctor look at it but ended up having a super time.  I am so thankful for children's hospitals that make experiences like these so much fun for the kids. The staff is so helpful. I don't even think Jackson realized he needed to be nervous or scared as they stitched him up!
Waiting.
Watching a movie with his favorite buddy Paco while we wait. You can see where his ear is hurt.
  Took four stitches to close it up.  I think that puts him one stitch ahead of Benjamin in the count. He had three in his lip, I think.

1 comment:

Joni said...

What a brave boy!
Nice furnace! It looks huge - just one big unit, I guess? Did you used to have two separate units?