Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Life

A few pictures from the past month...Ben is in his Richard Scarry phase. Every night he pulls one of those books out with great delight. Luckily we've accumulated a few more of them since Jackson went through his phase, or perhaps I've gained a greater tolerance. Whatever the case, I haven't started hiding them from him yet, like I did when Jackson was in this phase.I was holding Ben for this picture when he turned his head to give me a kiss and then looked back at Jamie to smile. What a sweetie.Sunday trip down to the aquarium in Chattanooga. Our church started up Saturday night services this fall and we have loved it. It really opens up our weekends to do a lot more as a family. We do have two weekends a month where either Jamie or I are at all three services on a weekend, so we really try to take advantage of the times when we're not serving. My entertainment while folding laundry. We had a really windy day this week and I happened to remember that I had bought a kite a while back. So after school we headed over to a park and let it fly. I was slightly afraid that the wind would be too strong but the kids managed to hold on. When we got in the car to go home, I was trying to pat down my windblown hair and Jackson said "Mommy, your hair doesn't look pretty anymore." My dad bought the boys this tractor at Christmas and I knew it wouldn't be too long before they started using the hook on the back. I think Ben was actually the one who thought of attaching the wagon to it. And then it wasn't long before Kate thought of jumping in to get a ride. PS- This spring-like weather has been so great, but I am hoping for one big snowfall before spring really hits.I've been clearing out in the attic again to prepare for a consignment sale and found this quilt that my mom made me long ago. I decided to let Ben have it on his bed and he's loved it.

No comments: