Monday, August 01, 2011

Harper Life



I thought I'd take a few minutes to throw in pictures from here and there over the past month. Let you see a little bit of the everyday life rather than just trips! It has been a summer of a little more freedom for me since I have no babies anymore! And we weren't moving! I haven't had that combination since before Kate was born! We were able to just enjoy summertime a little more. Here's my littlest-- Ben's turning 2 on August 23!
Stopping by our friends' house on Lake Rabun for a quick visit. Fun family photo!

Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A. You can see Jackson's head peeking out a bit from behind the cow.We turned a dog hat into a cow hat! And, hmmm, can you tell that Benjamin has a big sister. Nice pink tricycle, huh? Looks like he's really pedaling, doesn't it? He's working on it, but doesn't quite have it down. He love for me to push him around while he pedals, though.One of the super tall sunflowers we planted in the front yard.Family trip to the zoo last weekend. We have a zoo pass so the kids and I go often enough, but it was a treat to have Jamie along with us!The carousel at the zoo.






We love our church, and Jamie and I both volunteer during services a couple of times a month. I run the lights and Jamie just started playing bass with the worship team. Kate will often go up and hang out with me while I'm working but this was the first time Jackson came up. It was the first Sunday Jamie was playing in the band so I thought it would be a treat for him to watch from up high. Kate started swimming on her own a couple of weeks ago. While I meant to get them in some lessons this summer, it never happened. Peer pressure is helpful in learning to swim, I have discovered, so for now we'll just see how far this goes. Perhaps we'll do some lessons in the winter. Jackson is starting to get the hang of swimming too, but he uses his floaties most of the time. It can get a little crazy at the pool with the three of them and just me, but I'm sure we're good entertainment for others! Here's a little pooltime snack. Snacks are always a little better at the pool!
Drink stand in the driveway! They had one real customer, thanks to our awesome sitter that lives right behind us. Probably could have gotten a few more if it weren't 8:30 in the morning!



Evening view from the kitchen window. We really get some beautiful sunsets, an unexpected bonus that I discovered not long after buying the house. We've been here two years now. Still lots of improvements to go but we've been here long enough now that it really feels like home.

No comments: