Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ben!

We celebrated Ben's 2nd birthday a few days early this weekend with a trip down to Chattanooga Aquarium. None of them have ever been to an aquarium before and we knew they were all at the perfect age to really enjoy it. Jamie's parents met us there and it was all a surprise to the kids. A perfect start to a great day! We started out at the touch tank for the stingrays.Jackson got to feed one! Then across the river to Coolridge Park to have a picnic, eat cake and open presents.



Benjamin isn't talking much yet, but he does love to "sing" the song "The Wheels on the Bus" so Kate suggested I make him a schoolbus for his cake. I think I heard Benjamin say "Wow!" for the first time ever when he first saw it. And he sang the song about every time we pulled it out to have another piece.Next a ride on the carousel.After lunch we headed back to the aquarium for a bit, where the kids really loved interacting with the divers.And to cool off before we left, a little time to play in the water outside the aquarium. Then we were all fully exhausted.

It was such a great day, a wonderful way to celebrate Ben and our family.

1 comment:

Wren and Jason Cook said...

So much fun! I need to take cake lessons from you! The bus is amazing!