A week ago we met up with the
Moores and the
Skogmans in Damascus, VA to do a little camping and biking. We all have spent tons of time in the outdoors together. It is very special now to share these experiences with our kids. I think this is just the first of many more trips together! I don't feel like I got a great representation of pictures, but here's what I have. And the Moores have more posted.

Apparently there was always something more interesting going on around... Kate was smiling in both of these pictures but not actually looking at me!

A little breakfast marshmallow...


Jackson playing a little soccer with Baxter. Kate and Ben are trying to dig up a tent stake in the background.

The day we biked on the
Virginia Creeper trail it was perfect weather. Here we are playing around at Greencove Station while the guys were running the shuttle at the beginning. This is some sort of train relic. I'm not quite sure what it was for but Jackson had a lot of fun playing on it.





Once we started up on the trail, we had a few challenges to overcome. Benjamin was not happy about being in the trailer at the start. And then the shock on one of our bikes ceased to work and was tearing up the tire. Here's the fix that Jamie, Doug and a trail volunteer managed to concoct from some duct tape and the flag pole from one of the bike trailers. (This picture is for you, Andy!)

We just happened to make this repair where the AT crosses over the Virginia Creeper trail.
1 comment:
I love your comments and pictures!!! Karen, you got some good ones!!!
And I agree, it is the first of many outdoor adventures for our next generation to have together!
Post a Comment