Friday, July 03, 2009

Happy 4th!

A few pictures from the 4th of July. We went to the town parade and had fun. Kate was so excited about going and loved it all.This is how Jackson viewed most of the parade-- a "what exactly is going on here?" expression.There were helicopters flying back and forth the whole time. It was a little distracting and annoying.Kate enjoying a celebratory pink cupcake with a newly unpacked treasure-- a "future Red Hatter" crown made by one of Jamie's mom's friends.We slacked off on the home projects a little bit for the sake of sanity. One Sunday we went to Fort Loudon, about an hour away. The kids really love exploring all the buildings at places like this and Cades Cove. And Jamie and I really start to feel like our parents when we take them to historical sites. Kate running ahead to get into the fort.Watch out world, Jackson's armed! We've gone out to pick blueberries once. Didn't take too long for Jackson to abandon the bucket.Kate being a good big sister and holding a branch down lower for Jackson.
Meanwhile, we have about 7 weeks to go before baby arrives. I have to admit, I am hopeful that he will come early, following Jackson's lead. We have gotten the rest of our things from storage in Marietta, so that is helping get us all the more settled. The kids have loved playing with all the toys that have been packed up for the past year-- it's like Christmas.

Jackson loves to do whatever Kate is doing.Unpacking letters for the fridge.
We try to make it to the pool pretty often and the kids have really improved on their swimming skills. I keep letting air out of Kate's floaties so she can swim more by herself. She is swimming a little underwater and floating on her back a little bit. Jackson can doggy paddle with his floaties by himself. He wants to follow Kate as she swims out. He is also at the stage where I hear new words from him everyday. I am ready for the "Uh-oh" stage to be over, where he repeatedly says "uh-oh" to every little thing that looks out of order to him. He loves to be helpful. I got them both to help me scrub the back porch the other day. Kate was excited to be cleaning like Cinderella! She still loves princesses and wearing crowns and pretty dresses. And the color pink. If it's pink, she loves it.

1 comment:

Joni said...

hey~ the kids are SO cute. Jackson looks like a little boy, not a toddler anymore. He looks very content and easy. enjoy the new boxes of stuff!!