Happy Birthday, Jamie! We had such a great birthday weekend. Kate was so excited to help open presents, sing to Daddy and help blow out candles. We bought a caramel cake for him at a local bakery and it is so good! I also took him out German restaurant last night, where we enjoyed some good sausages and other German specialties.
Giving Jamie a high five after helping blow out the candles.
The kids also had so much fun playing with birthday balloons. Really what made the birthday celebration so much fun was watching the kids play and be excited. It was great family time.
The kids excited to see Jamie as he gets home from work one day last week.
One of Jackson's current favorite toys:
Kate loves to help me cook.
And my other fun accomplishment from this weekend that I don't have any pictures from: I ran in a 15K race (9.3 miles). I am pretty sure that's the furthest I've ever run and I really didn't get to train too much for it, so I'm proud I did so well. I guess running after the kids all day keeps me in pretty good shape! It was cold (um, I think around 19 degrees outside), but it truly wasn't bad once we got running. It was all on greenways through downtown Knoxville-- a unique set-up. Knoxville has a really great Parks and Rec division. I really have enjoyed all the parks and greenways here.
Giving Jamie a high five after helping blow out the candles.
The kids also had so much fun playing with birthday balloons. Really what made the birthday celebration so much fun was watching the kids play and be excited. It was great family time.
The kids excited to see Jamie as he gets home from work one day last week.
One of Jackson's current favorite toys:
Kate loves to help me cook.
Too cute to resist taking a picture. Jackson asleep in the car.
Today we decided that Jackson was past due for a haircut. Especially with all the static electricity that comes with the cold weather, his hair has gotten a little too crazy lately. The static takes all the curl out of his hair and it's just long and a mess. So, here we go, his first real haircut (rather than just a trim over the ears).

The result! So cute!
He did a really good job of sitting still today. The clippers don't bother him at all. He just played with everything he could get his hands onto from the bathroom counter.

The result! So cute!
He did a really good job of sitting still today. The clippers don't bother him at all. He just played with everything he could get his hands onto from the bathroom counter.
No comments:
Post a Comment