As I sit posting this, Jackson is quietly sleeping in his room and Kate is cozied up in her safe/happy zone-- her crib-- reading. She really loves her crib. It's not her nap time yet. She just wanted to get in there and read. Today I was instructed to leave her bedroom door open as I left; most days she wants it closed. I expected to have her sleeping in her twin bed by now, but she has resisted all attempts to be moved out of her crib. She is reading her big Clifford book (a collection of about 6 stories) and once again I am amazed at how many of the words she remembers. I know exactly what page she is on in the book. (hmmm, maybe I should be amazed at how well I remember the book!) This is my quiet time of the day, when I feel as though I should be folding laundry and washing dishes, but I more often sit and check friends' blogs and tend to other things online. Next I think I'll start looking online for inspiration for Kate's birthday cake. She will be 2 in less than a month!

Jackson is hitting the big time too-- he started eating "real" food this weekend. I thought I would start later but he really seems to want to eat. He is always so interested in what we are eating and wants to be sitting up with us at the table.



I think he's getting close to outgrowing his car seat too. I'm not looking forward to switching him out. It's so easy to cart him around in this thing while I hold Kate's hand or even have her on my hip. I can just set him down when I need that hand to do things like open doors or search for my keys.

My cute boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment